Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Disney, Day 4

WOW! I dropped off the planet for a couple of weeks..but don't you worry! I have it all still fresh in my noggin!

Ok, Day 4 started off with a BANG! I was up, I was ready, and I wanted to have a total do over from being sick.

I had us up and out of there so fast, it wasn't even funny. We decided to have Thursday be our early day at Disney. As usual, Disney passes allow you one early entry day, so we were on it! We were ready to roll by 730, and we were on the tram!

We were so stoked to get there that early, but man..it seemed like it was also everyone else's early day too. It didn't bother us. We did all of the rides that took 5 minutes or less. We rode Pirates 2x in a row, and then went and met Princess Tiana in New Orleans Square. Boy, she was beautiful! I was in awe, Matthew was in awe..it was a great day. After meeting Tiana, we strolled over to Splash Mountain. There was NO lines. It was 930 by this time, and it was HOT. HOT at 930? Yeah, I think it was already 90 degrees. We rode Splash Mountain 5 times in the row. No joke. The fun of the morning was all of the pictures you get taken of you at the drop. Matthew said, "Let's make the scariest faces we can each time!" The series of photos that we got that day cracked me up so hard. OMG. I will never forget it.

Matthew really shined this day. I will never forget how excited he was. It was like he was finally comfortable with himself, the trip, and Disneyland as a whole. He wanted to have fun, he was carefree, and he was just H.A.P.P.Y. I have a facial expression burned in my brain of him standing in front of me in line for a ride, and he threw back his head in laughter, made a joke (something sarcastic of course) and raised his one eyebrow at me, and laughed his behind off even more. I fell in love with him even more that day. sigh. OMG. It was such a great day.

After walking back through New Orleans, I went over to the Dole Whip stand, and happily handed over my 10.00 for a nice, frosty, delicious Dole Whip. It was so worth it. OMG.

After that cold, frosty treat, we went and watched the Tangled show. It was a 15 minute version of the movie, done Masterpiece Theater style, and the kids got to sit on rugs, and we had a blast watching them from afar. Kate got to meet Flynn Rider this day, and that was great.

We then headed over to C.A. We did a ton of day rides there. We were on roller coasters and I had my video camera recording, and Matthew was scolding me the entire time. "Mommy! I don't want you to lose your camera!" It was so funny.

Later, after lunch, and many pit stops to the fountains to get drenched, we rode the Grizzly Rapid ride again. And a funny thing about that ride was that every time we rode it, they made us ride with 4 other people to fill the ride. Well, once we were seated, Kate would look at the complete strangers, and tell them about all of the princesses she had met, and she would ask them if this was their first time on this ride, wait for their response, and then say, "I've probably rode this ride 10x (the amount climbed each time) and it isn't even scary." And then she would break out the fake scared screams, and cries, and she really would put on a show for these strangers. We had people from foreign countries getting the biggest kick out of her. She wasn't obnoxious by any means, she was fun..and outgoing, and well..nothing like her mother. I am so shy. I don't know where she gets this from.

We decided to ride the Mickey Wheel, and we renamed it the Mickey Wheel of death. It was the SCARIEST ride I have EVER been on, and I have been to 6 Flags where you fall to your death on coasters. Nope. Never going to ride this ferris wheel again. I have since been on the Disney FB fan page, and I am not alone. Have you seen this thing? It is a cute, large looking ferris wheel with cars that SWING along bars going all of the way around the wheel. I almost puked. I was so done with that ride. The kids were laughing at my self torture. OMG.

This night we ate at New Orleans Square. I wanted to eat under the twinkling lights, and it was such a nice dinner. We ate, and then I think we rode splash mountain in the dark, finished up a few rides here and there, and closed the park. We all went home as happy campers. We slept like babies.

No comments: