Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 3, Disney.

Day 3 was interesting. I went to bed the night before with strange feeling eyes, and I kept needing to clear my throat to talk. It was pretty odd, but ya know, we had been walking around in the dead heat, and were super tired. I thought nothing of it going to bed.

I woke up to Disney, day 3 with a fever. I was like NO! This can't be happening now. What in the world? I had brought my trusty scaled down medicine kit, and luckily had the insight to pack the thermometer, and it was telling me I was 100.2. Okay, not so bad, just a low temp. Shoot. I felt terrible. Awful, and miserable. Mike kept asking me what I wanted to do, and inside I was like, shoot. I want to stay here, and sleep this off! But c'mon! Who stays home at the hotel when you are at such an amazing place? It's not like I could make up for it later. Not like we were going back next month, ya know? Mike went down to the gift shop in search of some Dayquil, I popped some ibuprofen, and a pain killer too, and we were off to the parks.

Inside I was regretting every minute of leaving the hotel, but I wasn't about to tell them that. We went to Toon Town at Disney, and something about Toon Town. It is always at least 5 degrees hotter there than the whole park. Every time we have gone to that section, no matter what time of year we have been there...hot. Hotter. Hottest. I blew my nose all day, and nursed my fever by staying close to fountains, and pouring water over my pant legs, and we became total tourists and pitched in for one of those water sprayer/myster things. It was awesome. We looked the part.

I don't remember a lot about this day, unfortunately. I remember being super hot. Super duper hot. I sat a lot of the day out. The kids rode the Tower of Terror like 2-3 times, and I sat on a curb and edited pics, and people watched. I had fun, don't get me wrong. I loved being able to take the time and edit photos, and I really enjoyed seeing the kids' faces coming off the rides and hearing how scary they were, and we sat and really enjoyed ourselves.

Mike surprised me by telling me we were going to leave the park at 8 pm that night. I felt such a huge sigh of relief. I think I even cried I was so happy. lol. He got me home, went and found some Nyquil, poured me a cup of it and put me to bed. I don't remember anything until about 2 am that night when I woke up in a deep sweat, and was wondering where the hell I was. lol. I changed clothes, got back in bed, woke at 630 with a BANG! I was like "I don't know who that alien was that invaded my body yesterday, but it is gone now!" I was seriously 100 % better. It wasn't even a comparison. Mike thinks I just willed whatever it was away, but I don't know. I was still Snotty-McSnottyton, but didn't care. I blew my nose all day again, but didn't have the fever or body ache. I conquered Disney with a vengeance, and it was only 9 am at this point.

Mike said I couldn't stop smiling, and it was so great to see since I had put on such a façade the day before. It was true. I didn't want to bring the family down, but wasn't sure where, or what was going to happen with feeling that way. I was just so relieved the worst was gone. I felt it was not going to come back, and it never did. I just got progressively better, all around.

Will finish the trip up tomorrow. Bed time.

No comments: