Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back from vacation, part 1.

So, we went to Disney. And we are back. Most of you know that though. I didn't post on when we were leaving here, or when we were going to be back. Not on purpose though. The last month got super hectic at work, prior to getting ready to go on the trip, and before I knew it, it was here, and it was time to go!

The kids did so very well. I can't complain. I seriously have really nothing to complain about. It was the first trip we have gone on in a long time where something bad didn't happen, or plans didn't fall through, or something was messed up.

Oh sure we were delayed on the flight there and back. Who doesn't that happen to? I think that is pretty normal. Flight there was delayed just under an hour, on the way home, it was delayed 3 hours. It was cool. The kids went with the flow both times, as if that was the norm. I have good kids!

From the moment we arrived in LA, it went so smoothly. We got on the shuttle immediately off the flight to the rental car service, got our car, and then we were off in search of our hotel. Smooth.

Checked in, got a great view of the fireworks at Disney. We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights, however, we only actually needed the room with the view for 2 nights since the other 5 were spent at the park closing it down each night. The first night we enjoyed swimming, the managers reception, then we got all gussied up, and went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. The kids were in heaven. They had never eaten there, so it was a nice way to begin the night. Matthew got to be the one to pick the dessert with 4 forks, so we all enjoyed that!

Back to the hotel, and in bed asap as it was the first morning of Disney the next day!

The next morning, after our amazing hot breakfast in the hotel, I got Kate all ready to meet Rapunzel. She looked stunning. Absolutely stunning. Let me just say, I have been to Disney before, and I had to look everywhere--in every nook and cranny for the characters. We roll up to the turn styles, and there are 3 right in the front. Immediately she got to meet Ariel, Cinderella and Aurora. What! Get out! We got inside, and there was Snow White, Mickey, and Goofy! She was on cloud 9 getting her book signed that fast. Matthew was like WHAT! lol

We found out what time Rapunzel was going to be at her tower, so we rode all of the close rides..Dumbo, the boat, Pinocchio, Snow White's Adventure, and Peter Pan. Matt and Mike went and did Mad Hatter, and Alice. By that time, it was time to line up! We were about 5th in line, and once it was our turn, I had more jitters than she did. I loved seeing the reaction on Kate's face. It was worth every minute, every second spent on planning Disney. All I can say in that moment was wow. Wow.

It also felt so good to have that part done, and done before lunch on the first day. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if we had to spend the rest of the week tracking her down. There are 2 girls that play Rapunzel, I had researched it a bit on Youtube prior to going, and I was happy to have her meet the one that I really liked from watching the videos. We went a different day and watched a 15 minute Masterpiece Theater version of Tangled, and the other gal was Rapunzel that day, and don't get me wrong, she is pretty, and cute too, but I loved how spunky the other one was. <3 p="">
More tomorrow! xo
 

No comments: