Friday, July 26, 2013

Verdict is in!

Otitis Media with Effusion. (or more commonly called: Glue Ear)

Could take weeks, or months to rid my middle ear of this glue like substance. Starting on a heavy course of mucinex to try to thin it out. He thinks that this "might" work, but not to be surprised if I am still dealing with it when we leave on our trip next month. I have to take 2400 mg of guaifenesin for 30x to see if it works its way out. He did the hearing tests and all, and it all points to "Glue Ear"..

Damn. I mentioned to him in all of my many ear infections (to which he has dx'd) why I am just getting this now, and never before? It's all in the mucous, and the type that it is..I just don't know how much longer I can deal with this tinnitus, the dizziness, and the robotic voices I hear coming from the tv. Sheesh.

No comments: